Note: This involves editing the Windows machine registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. Barracuda cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk. It is highly recommended that you create a backup of the registry before making any changes.
You may need to follow this process to turn on advanced tracing and gather log files when you are unable to open the ArchiveOne Compliance Console.
HOW TO STEPS
To manually enable advanced tracing:
1. On the archive server, open the Windows Services Console (services.msc) and stop the 'Archive One Enterprise (Compliance) Service'.
2. Open the Registry Editor by running 'regedit'.
3. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AOneCmplService\Parameters.
4. Double-click the REG_DWORD key 'Trace' to modify its value.
5. Change the value to '2'.
6. Close the Registry Editor.
7. In the Windows Services Console, start the 'Archive One Enterprise (Compliance) Service'.
Once you have recreated the issue or reproduced the error, you will need to gather the logs files as follows:
1. Browse to: \\<configuration_servername>\Add-ins\AOneCmpl\Logs folder.
2. Create a zip file of this folder by right-clicking and selecting Send to> Compressed (zipped) folder.
3. On the archive server, browse to the ArchiveOne installation directory (by default, C:\Program Files (x86)\C2C Systems\AOne Compliance).
4. Make a copy of the file AOneCmplSnap.log.
5. Email the copied AOneCmplSnap.log and the zipped Logs folder to your C2C Support representative, or upload them to the FTP location provided by your Support representative.
You can now reset the tracing level back to Standard as follows:
1. On the archive server, open the Registry Editor by running 'regedit'.
2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AOneCmplService\Parameters.
3. Double-click on the REG_DWORD key 'Trace' to open it.
4. Change its value to '1'.
5. Close the Registry Editor.
6. Open the Windows Services console.
7. Restart the 'Archive One Enterprise (Compliance) Service' to bring the new log level into effect.