Scope:ArchiveOne Enterprise, all versions
ArchiveOne connects to a specified Exchange server or Exchange Online. For Exchange 2010, this may be a CAS array rather than a specific CAS server. If you wish to, you can change the Exchange server ArchiveOne connects to by uninstalling and reinstalling. If you are upgrading Exchange and wish to point to a new version of Exchange, you should ensure:
· The ArchiveOne version you are running supports the Exchange version you wish to connect to.
· The ArchiveOne service account mailbox is hosted on the highest Exchange version (e.g. where you are running multiple Exchange versions in coexistence).
· You are not migrating to Exchange Online. For migration to Exchange Online, you should follow the separate process:
How to Reconfigure ArchiveOne for Exchange Online Migration
HOW TO STEPS
The following procedure is for on-premises Exchange environments only. To reinstall ArchiveOne to change the configured Exchange server:
1. You will need to note your existing configuration prior to installing so you can re-enter these details during the installation of the new version:
HOWTO: Determine the current ArchiveOne Enterprise (Policy) configuration
2. Having noted your existing configuration, you can now un-install the existing version of ArchiveOne.
1. On the Archive server, open the Control Panel.
2. Select the 'Un-install a program' link under Programs.
3. Select 'ArchiveOne Enterprise' in the Programs list and click 'Un-install'.Once un-installed, now install the new version of ArchiveOne on the Archive server:
HOWTO: Install ArchiveOne Enterprise (Policy)
1. During installation, enter the same configuration information as noted in step 1 to maintain the existing configuration, but selecting the new Exchange server name or CAS array name.
Once you have completed the installation, ArchiveOne will then be configured to connect to the new Exchange server.
Link to This Page: