This article refers to all Barracuda Networks appliances, except where noted.
This article applies to the following products:
- Barracuda Control Server
- Barracuda NextGen Firewall X
- Barracuda Link Balancer
- Barracuda Load Balancer
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC
- Barracuda Message Archiver
- Barracuda NextGen Firewall F
- Barracuda Email Security Gateway
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall
Step 1. Troubleshoot Your Device
Before you replace your appliance, use the tools provided on the ADVANCED > Troubleshooting page in the web interface, or contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support to try to resolve the problem:
- Support Connection – Use this section to initiate a Connection to the Barracuda Support Center.
- Network Connectivity Tests – This section provides a suite of tools to diagnose potential network problems.
Step 2. Contact Support
Contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support to determine if RMA is the path forward. Eligibility comes from the following conditions:
- Failed Device Instant Replacement – If you purchased the Instant Replacement (IR) service and Barracuda Networks Technical Support determines resolution requires a replacement appliance; or
- Hardware Refresh Program – If you have maintained the IR Service for over four years and are eligible for a replacement unit as part of the Hardware Refresh Program. For more information on this program, refer to Instant Replacement on the Barracuda website.
Step 3. New Device Shipped within One Business Day
Once Barracuda Networks Technical Support determines you are eligible for a new device, they provide you with a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number which you must include with the returned device. A new device is shipped to you within one business day.
Step 4. Return the Old Device
Once you receive the new system, ship the old device back to Barracuda Networks at the address below with the RMA number clearly marked on the package: attn: RMA # <your RMA number>
Barracuda Networks Technical Support can provide details on the best way to return the unit.
US and all except the below regions:
Barracuda Networks, Inc.
5225 Hellyer Avenue
San Jose, CA 95138
Barracuda Networks Ltd.
Houndmills, Basingstoke RG21 6XR
Barracuda Networks Technology Co, Ltd.
4F Building 2
Shanghai New Withub S&T Creation Center
No. 799 Hutai Road
Barracuda Networks, K.K. (Japan)
5F, 8-3-16, Nishi-gotanda
Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0031
201, Indraprastha Equinox
23, 100 Ft Intermediate Ring Road
Koramangala, Bangalore 560095
Step 5. Set Up the New Appliance
Install and configure the new appliance using the Barracuda Quick Start Guide included with the device. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions in the Getting Started section of this library for the selected Barracuda appliance.
Step 6. Data Migration and Deployment
Consult your Barracuda Networks Product Specialist before migrating existing content to a new device model, or contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support to define the best migration path for your environment.