The Barracuda Campus newsletter is published monthly with a listing of new and updated articles by product. The Highlights section announces new product documentation and other major additions or updates to the Barracuda Campus. Check back each month to see What's New!
Please direct feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose Your Product
- Barracuda Cloud Control – Released March 10, 2021
- Barracuda Email Security Service – Released March 12, 2021
- Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service technical training is now available
- Barracuda CloudGen Access technical training is now available
- Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup technical training is now available
- Physical Infrastructure – Removed Microsoft Windows 7 support.
- Virtual Infrastructure – Added support for VMware Management Server vCenter Server 7.x.
- Barracuda Encrypted Backup Quick Start Guide – Updated default admin password requirement.
- Barracuda Backup Network Interface Bonding – NIC bonding is currently not supported on Barracuda Backup appliances with the latest Platform 5 shipped after September 25, 2020.
Barracuda Cloud Control
- Barracuda Cloud Control Release Notes – For the March 10, 2021 release.
Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup
- Technical training for Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup version 3 is now available.
- Settings Page – Updated support auto-shutoff toggle from 3 days to 7 days.
Barracuda Cloud Security Guardian
- Security Findings – Added new field, Reason.
- Security Risks – Added new field, Reason.
- Understanding Security and Compliance Policies – Added new policy, Barracuda Security Best Practices.
Barracuda Content Shield
- Web Filtering Logs – Added content for the new date/time tool.
- How to Get and Configure the Barracuda Active Directory Sync Tool – Added Best Practices.
- How to Configure Advanced Filtering Policies – Added more best practices and info. on editing for policy creation by users and groups.
- How to Configure DNS Filtering and Policies – Added more best practices for deployment and policy creation.
- How to Create Exception Policies for DNS Filtering – Added best practices.
- How to Get and Configure the Barracuda Active Directory Sync Tool – Added that the tool does not support cyclical groups.
- Preventing Users from Uninstalling the Barracuda Content Shield Suite – Changed Allow Agent Removal feature name to Tamper Proof.
- Agent Settings – Changed Allow Agent Removal feature name to Tamper Proof.
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall
- How to Deploy a CloudGen Firewall in AWS via AWS Console
- How to Configure Azure Cloud Integration Using ARM
Barracuda CloudGen WAN
- How to Display the License State of a Site Appliance
- How to Enable Interface Monitoring in a High Availability Cluster
- How to Grant SSH Support Access
- How to Recover a CloudGen WAN Hardware Appliance with a USB Flash Drive
Barracuda CloudGen Access
- Technical training for Barracuda CloudGen Access is now online on Campus
- CloudGen Access App Release Notes – Release version 1.1.0.
- CloudGen Access Console Release Notes – Release version 1.1.5.
Barracuda Network Access Client
- Release Notes - Barracuda NAC/VPN Client 5.1 for Windows – Release version 5.1.3.
- Release Notes - Barracuda VPN Client for macOS – EA Release version 5.1.7.
- Installing the Barracuda VPN Client for macOS – Added instructions for AppStore download and setup.
Barracuda Email Security Gateway
- How to Deploy Barracuda Email Security Gateway Vx Images – Removed Sun/Oracle Virtualbox hypervisor as it is no longer supported.
- Barracuda Email Security Gateway Quick Start Guide – Updated default admin password requirement.
- How to Apply the Latest Firmware Patches – Updated to remove automatic scheduling of patches at a time of your choice.
- Barracuda Email Security Service Release Notes – For the March 12, 2021 release.
- Reporting – Updated to include report columns for available reports.
- Understanding Advanced Threat Protection – Added HTM(L) and ICS (Calendar) file types for ATP scanning. Updated ATP scan timeout to 2 hours (previously 4 hours).
Barracuda Forensics & Incident Response
- Creating an Incident – Added new ability to add Tags to new incidents to easily identify them later. Added enhanced searching by attachments.
- Release Notes – Updated for latest release.
- Reviewing Incidents – Added new ability to add Tags to new incidents to easily identify them later. This page has a special section about Tags.
- Reviewing Insights – Added new ability to add Tags to new incidents to easily identify them later.
- Searching for Messages – Searching by attachments now has the same branched searching as searching by email subject.
Barracuda Message Archiver
- Barracuda Message Archiver Quick Start Guide – Updated default admin password requirement.
- Barracuda MSP Knowledgebase – Now available in Campus.
- Button Plugin Config – Updated table of supported versions for Microsoft Exchange.
- Click Thinking Content – Added new Click Thinking Newsletter.
- Email Allow List and Best Practices – Added information on the Google Safe Browsing Initiative and how to unblock campaign domains that it affects.
- Installation Instructions - Microsoft Exchange Button – Updated table of supported versions for Microsoft Exchange.
- Release Notes – Updated for latest releases.
- Single Sign-On and Just In Time Provisioning – Added that Single Sign On - Can Manage All permissions are needed to make changes described in this article.
- Understanding Benchmark Campaigns – Added new benchmark campaign with Unsubscribe link.
- Using Your Own Domains – Removed need to share subdomains when contacting Barracuda Support.
Barracuda PST Enterprise
- Step 1 - System Requirements – Added section about Multi-Factor Authentication.
Barracuda RMM (Formerly Managed Workplace)
- Reports – Updated Types of Fraud categories.
- Step 2 - Working with Email Sources – Clarified that the Mark as Approved / Mark as Not Approved categorization is for your sorting and organizational purposes only. It does not prevent the source from using your domain to send spam or phishing emails.
Barracuda Vulnerability Manager
- Verifying Domains without Email – Added format for text message.
- Technical training for Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service is now online on Campus
- Access, Firewall, and Event Logs – Added Event Logs.
- Advanced Threat Protection – Added MIME types; Described BATP logs are in Firewall Logs.
- Bot Protection – Added information about Risk Scores and how you can use them.
- Restricting Direct Traffic – Added several links to instructions for Configuring your Backend Server.
Barracuda Web Security Gateway
- Barracuda Web Security Gateway Quick Start Guide – Updated default admin password requirement.
- Appliance Quick Start Guides – Updated to clarify that the initial login password involves only the numeric portion of the appliance's serial number.