Scope:All Barracuda Networks products, all firmware versions.
Check the Firmware Storage on the Basic > Dashboard page of the product. If this is showing as red, please contact Barracuda Technical Support before proceeding.
- Click on Download Now to download the firmware version you wish to use. After the download has completed, the Download Now button's label will change to Apply. The download time depends on your internet and network speed.
- While your system downloads the new firmware release...
- For How to schedule automated FTP backups, see Solution #00001447
- For How to schedule automated SMB backups, see Solution #00002282
If your product is deployed in-line and does not have hard bypass functionality, you should plan your firmware upgrade for a time when your network can tolerate five or so minutes of downtime while the system reboots. Alternatively, you can temporarily physically bypass the unit.
It is a recommended best practice to take the following Barracuda Networks product(s) offline before upgrading the firmware:
- Take the unit Offline from the Basic > Administration page of the web interface, down to the System Management section. When the upgrade is complete, be sure to bring the unit Online again.
Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall
To ensure new messages are scanned correctly, the following process is required when upgrading the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall from Firmware version 3.x to 4.x.
- Take the unit offline.
- Wait for the inbound queue to reach zero.
- Perform the firmware upgrade.
- Bring the unit online.
Barracuda Web Filter
To ensure a smooth transition from Firmware 4.2 and earlier to Firmware 4.3 and later, proceed to Advanced > Energize Updates and update the definitions before updating the firmware.
If you are using the DC agent on the domain controller you should update this as well. This can be done by downloading the new DC agent from the Authentication page link on the WSG and uninstalling the DC agent from the Domain Controller and installing the new version.
Link to This Page: