You can manage your admins via the Admin API.
All commands provide a help text with the available sub-commands and flags. For example, running
fyde-cli admins will let you know about the
delete sub-commands, and
fyde-cli admins edit --help will list all available flags for the edit admins command, including pagination, sorting, and filtering flags.
list command lists all the account administrators:
fyde-cli admins list
help flag tells you the things you can change:
fyde-cli admins edit --help
edit command allows you to edit the information:
fyde-cli admins edit 755 —name ‘FirstName LastName’
create command lets you create new admins:
fyde-cli admins create --name 'Oliver Brown' --email 'email@example.com' --password 'ThisIsATest123' --roles admin
You can also edit the admin roles. It is possible to assign multiple roles to the admin. Check below for the current admin roles.
- owner – It has access to all the APIs, including the Administrator API.
- owner_ro – It has access to all the APIs, including the Administrator API, but only for listing and searching. Modification, creation, or deletion is not permitted.
- admin – It has access to all APIs except the Administrator API. It cannot list, add, modify, or delete admins.
- admin_ro – It has the same logic as with the owner_ro. It is a read-only admin. Modifications are not permitted.
- enrollment – It has access to listing and searching users, and to manipulate everything related to device enrollments (create a new enrollment link, delete it, add more allowed devices to an existing enrollment link, and send enrollment emails).
- evaluate_resource – It is useful for service accounts. It only allows access to the evaluate_resource API (used for troubleshooting).
- read_events – It only has access to the records objects (the Activity menu on the web console). It is useful for service accounts configured to export records through our CLI to later import them into a SIEM solution.
fyde-cli admins edit 756 --roles admin_ro,enrollment
Specify the new authentication type for the admin:
fyde-cli admins edit --authn-type sso
delete command lets you delete admins:
fyde-cli admins delete 756
watch command lets you watch all the events created:
fyde-cli records watch