You can configure several access types for the serial console of your Barracuda NG Firewall. Access via serial console is enabled for 'console only' by default.
The following access types are available:
- ConsoleOnly (COM1) – Enables system access using a terminal emulation program such as hyperterm via the serial interface COM1 (terminal emulation: ansi; baud rate: 19200).
- Management Only – Enables system access with the Barracuda NG Admin application via COM1. The default Mgmt Baud Rate setting is 57600.
- Console(COM1) And Management – Enables serial and management access. The default Mgmt COM Port setting is COM1. The default Mgmt Baud Rate setting is 57600.
DialinModem – Enables console access via a 56k dial-in modem.
Configure Serial Console Access
To enable system access via serial console,
- Open the Administrative Settings page (Config > Full Config > Box).
- In the left menu, click System Access.
- Click Lock.
- Enable Serial Access if you want to provide console access. To edit serial access settings,
- Click Edit in the Serial Settings section.
- Select the applicable access type from the Access Types list and adjust the settings if required. For example, enter the modem details in the Modem Init String field.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.