In these Release Notes:
Hotfixes included with Barracuda NG Firewall version 6.0.5
The following previously released public hotfixes are included with this release:
- Hotfix 757 – SSLv2
What´s new in Barracuda NG Firewall version 6.0.5Barracuda NG Firewall firmware 6.0.5 is a maintenance release only. No new features were added.
Improvements included in Barracuda NG Firewall version 6.0.5
Barracuda NG Admin
- NG Admin now works as expected for Windows usernames in all languages. (BNNGF-34773)
- The Settings section is now visible when editing firewall objects. (BNNGF-36918)
- In the GTI Editor service list, external VPN servers are now listed in the service list. (BNNGF-26754)
- On the VPN > Client to Site page, you can now enable a CN Name column to show the CN Name of the client certificate. (BNNGF-29310)
- FAN rpm values are now rounded to the next integer. (BNNGF-35773)
- The help text for Enable Cache Manager in the HTTP Proxy is now displayed correctly. (BNNGF-27177)
- On stand-alone NG Firewalls, the HTTP Proxy tab is now accessible for all admins with the necessary permissions. (BNNGF-22710)
- On stand-alone NG Firewalls, the ATD tab is now accessible for all admins with the necessary permissions. (BNNGF-35888)
- Entering multiple comma-separated DNS Server IP addresses in the client-to-site template now works as expected. (BNNGF-35864)
- Saving a filter on the Firewall > History page now also saves the Max Entries value. (BNNGF-34211)
- Help text for TI-ID and TI Classification are now displayed correctly in the GTI Editor. (BNNGF-35445)
- The client-to-site Group Policy configuration now displays correctly when setting the screen resolution to medium-125%. (BNNGF-35150)
- Input validation for DKIM records has been updated to allow periods FQDNs. (BNNGF-27546)
- Updated BIND to fix the following security vulnerabilities: CVE-2015-8000, CVE-2015-8704, CVE-2015-8705, CVE-2015-8704, and CVE-2015-8705. (BNNGF-35608, BNNGF-36213)
- ppp and bond interfaces no longer cause crashes. (BNNGF-36189)
- Updated libuser to fix the following security vulnerabilities: CVE-2015-3245 and CVE-2015-3246 (BNNGF-32316)
- Fixed hardware detection for devices using Realtek network chips. (BNNGF-35992)
- RCS no longer shows an error when using Show Differences in the forwarding firewall ruleset. (BNNGF-35844)
- Added i40e driver to support the Intel Ethernet Controller XL710 family. (BNNGF-33357)
- Updated NTP to fix several security vulnerabilities. (BNNGF-35032)
- Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.1q to fix several security vulnerabilities. (BNNGF-31109)
- Added IPFIX uniflow and biflow basic templates without Barracuda-specific information. (BNNGF-35904)
- Changed log message of the applperf script to Applying model-specific performance settings. (BNNGF-34766)
- The VPN device index is now used for all transports for a VPN tunnel configured via the GTI Editor. (BNNGF-35913)
- Exceeding the maximum number of VPN tunnels now generates Resource Limit Exceeded event (136). (BNNGF-36272)
- Client-to-site VPN traffic is no longer blocked if a MAC address-based block rule is used. (BNNGF-32662)
- IKEv1 IPsec site-to-site tunnels now use the negotiated NAT-T proposal from phase 1 in phase 2. (BNNGF-36933)
- Disabling SSLv2 for the firewall authentication web interface now disables the SSLv2 protocol, not just SSLv2 ciphers. (BNNGF-36979)
- Renamed Inline Authentication to Inline Authentication for HTTP and HTTPS in the advanced access rule settings. (BNNGF-36589)
- Increased default certificate size generated by SSL Interception to 2048 for non-export restricted firewalls. (BNNGF-33024)
- SSL Interception domain exceptions now work as expected. (BNNGF-31886)
- Traffic Shaping now works expected for synced sessions after an HA failover. (BNNGF-22870),
- Blocked ICMP packets are no longer logged twice if Log ICMP Packets is set to Log-All. (BNNGF-30357)
- Application Control now works as expected for SSL-encrypted connections when SSL Interception is disabled. (BNNGF-34855)
- The OSPF service can now listen correctly on interfaces that were down when the service started. (BNNGF-35732)
- Virus scanning with the Avira virus scanning engine now works as expected. (BNNGF-29910)
- Domain check now works as expected. (BNNGF-36139)
NG Control Center
- Create a box wizard now configures Wi-Fi correctly for Barracuda NextGen Firewall F280b, F180, and F80. (BNNGF-35348)
- Flushing selected proxy cache entries now works as expected. (BNNGF-23118)
- The distributed firewall now loads the SSL Interception configuration correctly. (BNNGF-35561)
No new known issues have been found in firmware 6.0.5.
- NG Admin: The IPsec ID-type parameter is displayed in the Client-to-Site VPN configuration dialog, even if it is not supported by the firmware running on the NG Firewall.
- NG Control Center: Peer IP Restrictions must include Management IP address, Control Center IP address, VIP IP addresses or networks, client IP address, and MIP for local managed NG Firewalls.
- HTTP Proxy: Custom Cipher String and Allow SSLv3 settings only apply to reverse proxy configurations.
- HTTP Proxy: It is not possible to use ClamAV in combination with the HTTP Proxy service on Barracuda NG Firewall F100 and F101 models.
- CC Wizard: The CC Wizard is currently not supported for NG Control Centers deployed using NG Install.
- Firewall: Using SSL Interception in combination with URL Filtering and category exemptions may result in degraded performance.
- ATD: Only the first URL in the Quarantine Tab that leads to a quarantine entry is displayed, even if the User and/or IP address downloaded more than one infected file.This can be dangerous if the first downloaded file is a false-positive.
- Firewall: It is not possible to join a join.me session if SSL Interception and Virus Scanning are enabled in the matching access rule.
- SSL VPN Mobile Portal: Mobile Portal configurations and settings are currently not included in PAR files.
- Virus Scanner: The virus scanning service stalls during virus pattern updates.
- NG Admin: SPoE does not work if an IPv6 virtual server IP address is used.
- Barracuda OS: Provider DNS option for DHCP connections created with the box wizard must be enabled manually.
- Terminal Server Agent: It is currently not possible to assign connections to Windows networks shares to the actual user.
- Firmware Update: Log messages similar to
WARNING: /lib/modules/188.8.131.52-9ph5.4.3.06.x86_64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd1211rw.ko needs unknown symbol ieee80211_free_hwmay appear while updating, but can be ignored.
- Attention: Amazon AWS/Microsoft Azure: Performing Copy from Default of Forwarding Firewall rules currently locks out administrators from the unit and requires a fresh installation of the system.
- Application Control 2.0 and Virus Scanning: Data trickling is done only while the file is downloaded, but not during the virus scan. This may result in browser timeouts while downloading very large files.
- Application Control 2.0 and Virus Scanning: If the Content-Length field in HTTP headers is missing or invalid, the Large File Policy may be ignored.
- Application Control 2.0 and Virus Scanning: It is currently not possible to perform virus scanning for chunked transfer-encoded HTTP sessions such as media content streaming. Barracuda Networks recommends excluding such traffic from being scanned.
- Application Control 2.0 and Virus Scanning: In very rare cases, if the SSL Interception process is not running, but the option Action if Virus Scanner is unavailable is set to Fail Close, a small amount of traffic may already have passed through the firewall.
- Application Control 2.0 and Virus Scanning: In rare cases, Google Play updates are sometimes delivered as partial updates. These partial updates cannot be extracted and are blocked by the virus scanning engine. The engine reports The archive couldn't be scanned completely. Either create a dedicated firewall rule that does not scan Google Play traffic, or set Block on Other Error in Avira Archive Scanning to No.
- Barracuda OS: Restoring units in default configuration with par files created on an NG Control Center may result in a corrupt virtual server. Instead, copy the par file to opt/phion/update/box.par and reboot the unit.
VPN: Rekeying currently does not work for IPsec Xauth VPN connections. The VPN tunnel terminates after the configured rekeying time and needs to be re-initiated.