The SSL VPN service allows administrators to distribute files stored on external cloud storage providers such as Google Drive or Microsoft One Drive via Web App resources. Upload the software to the cloud storage and create a web app resource using the public link. When the user logs in to the SSL VPN portal via web interface or CudaLaunch the file can be downloaded by clicking on the Web App resource.
Before You Begin
- Upload the file to your cloud storage provider and create a public link for the file. Link sharing must be enabled for the users to access the file.
- The client's operating system and browser must be able to open the link and to launch the distributed file or software.
Create a Web App Resource in SSL VPN
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > VPN > SSL-VPN.
- In the left menu, select Web Apps.
- Click Lock.
- In the Proxied Web Apps section, click + to add the web app to the list.
Enter a Name for the web app and click OK. The Proxied Web Apps window opens.
Select Generic from the Web Apps Template drop-down list.
- Enter the Visible Name. This is the name used in the portal or in CudaLaunch for this web app.
- Enter the Root URL of the web app. E.g.,
In the Launch Path field, enter the path of the public link without the Root URL.
- To configure Authentication (single sign-on) for this web app, see How to Configure Single Sign On for Proxied Web Apps.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
The user can now access the web app resource in the portal or in CudaLaunch and download the software by clicking on the link.