When you switch from the web interface to NextGen Admin, log into the firewall via NextGen Admin and switch the firewall configuration management from the web interface to NextGen Admin. Before disabling the web interface, the firewall configuration is backed up internally. If you decide to switch back to the web interface at a later time, the configuration is restored from this internal backup. Configuration changes done via NextGen Admin cannot be transferred to the web interface later. There are two ways to switch from the web interface to NextGen Admin for managing your firewall configuration:
- When logging into NextGen Admin
- During a NextGen Admin session
Switch to NextGen Admin at Login
- Launch NextGen Admin.
- In the Log In window, select Firewall.
- Enter the Management IP, Username, and Password.
- Click Sign in. The Barracuda NextGen Admin window opens.
- Select Manage via NextGen Admin.
The firewall configuration is now managed by NextGen Admin, and the web interface is disabled. A backup of the firewall configuration is automatically stored internally on the firewall. This backup is reactivated in case you switch back to the web interface later.
Switch to NextGen Admin During a NextGen Admin Session
- Go to CONTROL > Box.
- In the left menu, expand the Operating System section and click Manage via NextGen Admin.
- Click Manage via NextGen Admin .
- Click OK.
Your firewall is now fully managed by NextGen Admin and the Web interface is no longer accessible.