Network places let you use the SSL VPN web interface to connect to an SMB file server in your network. You can upload, download, rename, move, and delete files on the share if you have the required user permissions. To use a network place, you need either CudaLaunch for Android or iOS.
Configure Network Places
Go to VPN > SSL VPN.
Click the Resources tab.
In the Network Places section, click Add Network Place. The Add Network Place window opens.
Set Enable to Yes.
- (optional) Click Browse to upload a PNG file for the web portal. It must be less than 30 kB and no larger than 80x80 pixels.
- Enter the visible Name for the resource. This is the name used in the web portal for this resource.
- In the Host field, enter the hostname or IP address of the web server.
- In the Path field, enter the share name in the following format: "
/" followed by the path and file name.
- (optional) To restrict access to the resource by user group, remove the * entry in the Allowed User Groups list. Enter the user groups that can access the resource, and click + after each entry. If no groups are added, the resource cannot be accessed. Use question marks (?) and asterisks (*) as wildcard characters.
- Click Save.
Click the network places app in the web portal to launch the file explorer.