The VPN page summarizes information about the VPN traffic on the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall and displays details about VPN-related services. To access the VPN page, click the DASHBOARD tab and select the VPN icon in the ribbon bar.
The elements on the VPN page provide the following information if the features are configured:
- VPN Services
- Site-to-Site / Client-to-Site Tunnels
- Current Throughput
- Top User
- VPN Utilization
This element displays the status (enabled or disabled) of services that affect VPN traffic. Click the arrow icon next to a feature to access the configuration.
The VPN Services element provides the following information:
- Dynamic Path Selection – Indicates if at least one VPN tunnel uses Traffic Intelligence (TI). For more information, see Traffic Intelligence.
- WAN Optimization – Shows if WAN Optimization is enabled for the VPN service. For more information, see WAN Optimization.
- SSL VPN – Shows if SSL VPN is running. For more information, see SSL VPN.
- PPTP Support – Shows if PPTP is running. For more information, see How to Configure a Client-to-Site PPTP VPN.
- L2TP Support – Shows if L2TP is running. For more information, see How to Configure a Client-to-Site L2TP/IPsec VPN.
- Dynamic VPN Routing – Shows if Dynamic Mesh is enabled. For more information, see Dynamic Mesh VPN Networks.
- Total Number of Routes – Shows the number of dynamic and static network routes on the system.
- Single Routing Table – Shows if the VPN routes are added to the main routing table, or if separate routing tables are used.
Site-to-Site / Client-to-Site Tunnels
These elements display the status and details of VPN site-to-site / client-to-site tunnels that are configured on the CloudGen Firewall.
The Site-to-Site Tunnels element provides the following information:
- Active – Displays the percentage value of active site-to-site tunnels that are up and running.
- Down – Displays the percentage value of site-to-site tunnels that are currently down.
- Disabled – Displays the percentage value of site-to-site tunnels that have been disabled.
- TINA Tunnels – Displays the percentage value of tunnels that were established using the TINA protocol.
- IPsec Tunnels – Displays the percentage value of site-to-site tunnels that were established using the IPsec protocol.
The Client-to-Site Tunnels element displays the status and details of all client-to-site tunnels that are configured on the CloudGen Firewall and shows the number of users by operating system and remote connection.
This element displays traffic information showing the aggregated VPN throughput.
- Site-to-Site – Shows the overall throughput generated from site-to-site tunnels.
- Client-to-Site – Shows the overall throughput generated from client-to-site tunnels.
- WAN Compression – Displays the WAN Optimization compression rate of the VPN traffic, if configured.
This element shows the top 5 client-to-site VPN users.
This element shows information on how many VPN tunnels and their respective transports are available.