The IPS signature database contains all signature definitions to detect malicious network traffic.
Check the Subscription Status
To access the IPS database, go to Dashboard > General > Subscription Status > IPS. The current Security Subscription status is displayed in the right pane:
To check the IPS security subscription status, click the small triangle icon to display the details.
For more details on IPS, use the following options by clicking on the rounded arrow icon on the right side of the line:
- Open configuration – Click to open the window for configuring IPS.
- Version History – Click to see changes and updates to the IPS signature database.
- Database Browser – Browse the currently installed IPS database.
Online IPS Database Updates
You can perform an online update of the IPS database by using the following options:
- Update – Triggers an immediate update of the IPS database and offers the following selections:
- Check for updates – Check for available IPS database updates and install them.
- Roll back to previous version – Revert the IPS database to any version that was previously installed.
- Roll back to latest version – Revert the IPS database to the last installed version.
Update files are stored in the
/mcdownload/ips/files share. CC-managed firewalls are updated by the Barracuda Firewall Control Center.