To install updates, patches, or hotfixes on your stand-alone CloudGen Firewall or Control Center, use the update element on the dashboard in Barracuda Firewall Admin. The element automatically shows all available and compatible updates for the firmware version running on your firewall. Previously installed hotfixes are displayed in the Installed tab of the element. The element also checks if all required dependencies are met, and shows the required prerequisite hotfixes if these dependencies are not met. The element is not available on managed firewalls because this functionality is handled by the Control Center.
Before You Begin
Verify that the update, patch, or hotfix you want to install is not blocked by an installed hotfix.
- Log into the Barracuda Download Portal.
- Search for the update package to the target firmware.
- Click on the update package. The package details window opens.
Verify that the hotfixes listed in the Blocked by packages on NG Firewall / NG Control Center sections are not installed on the firewall or Control Center you want to update.
If your firewall or Control Center has a blocking hotfix installed, you can wait either for an update packet that includes this update, or for a newer firmware version that is not blocked by the hotfix. Alternatively for hardware firewalls, you can re-image with F-Series Install. For more information, see How to Recover a CloudGen Firewall or Control Center Appliance with a USB Flash Drive.
Step 1. Enable Update Notifications
The update element must check for the available updates on the Barracuda update servers. By default, this is disabled on firewalls with updated firmware versions, and enabled on new firewalls.
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Advanced Configuration > Firmware Update.
- Click Lock.
- In the Update Notification section, set Enable to yes.
- (optional) Enter the Check Interval in minutes.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
Step 2. Verify the Element Is Displayed on the Dashboard
If the update element is not visible in the General dashboard, you must enable it.
- Go to the DASHBOARD.
- In the upper right, click Add Element.
- Enable the Updates element.
Step 3. Download and Install via the UPDATES Element
- Go to the DASHBOARD.
- In the UPDATES element, locate the update or hotfix.
- Hover your mouse over the update or hotfix. The download icon appears.
- Click on the download icon and click Download and Install. The confirmation dialog windows opens.
- Click OK.
The update archive is automatically downloaded and installed. Depending on the update, the firewall may reboot. Installed hotfixes are now displayed in the Installed tab of the update element.