See Version 3 Release Notes for a list of features and improvements available in Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3.
Why can't I connect my backup account to Office 365?
- Ensure admin users set their Barracuda Cloud Control (BCC) entitlements to Cloud to Cloud Backup in the BCC Admin Users page. See How to Add Users and Configure Product Entitlements and Permissions.
- Log in with a global admin account to give permissions to the application to access your tenant.
Note: The global admin is only needed for the initial connection and can be removed or changed back to a normal admin after the connection is successful.
- Once the connection is established, configure data sources from the Products page. See How to Configure Your Office 365 Data Source.
How do I set my backup schedule time?
Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3 will automatically set a schedule for each of your data sources to ensure each backup finishes as efficiently as possible. More scheduling options are planned for a future release.
How do I add a user to access Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3?
- You will first need to create a user in Barracuda Cloud Control and give that user product entitlements to Cloud to Cloud Backup. See How to Add Users and Configure Product Entitlements and Permissions.
- The user can then go into Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3 and manage their permissions in the Settings page. See Settings Page.
How do I restore data?
After the initial backup is complete, you can restore data by selecting files and folders from the Protect page.
Note that you can only select data from one level folder hierarchy.
I started an export job to download my data. Where do I find the downloadable link?
After the export is complete, you can obtain the download link from either the Dashboard page or the Reports page. Click on the export report you want to download.
How do I set my retention policies?
All data in Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3 is set to unlimited retention by default. More options to set retention policies are planned for a future release.
How do I add users to receive email notifications for alerts and backup failures?
Currently, email notifications are unavailable in Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3. This is planned for a future release.
How do I select what to backup?
Go to the Settings page, and click on the Customize button next to each data source. By default, any new accounts found will always be selected. See Settings Page.
Currently, you can only select by user in Exchange and OneDrive. More options, including group and domain selections, are planned for a future release.
I still cannot see the Teams channels in my backups after the latest update. What do I do?
To get the latest version of the Teams channel backup, you will need to reauthenticate your Office 365 connection. Go to the Settings page, click the ellipsis (3 dots) to the right of the Office 365 section, and click RECONNECT TO MICROSOFT.
I restored a Teams channel. Why can't I see it in Office 365?
Restoring Team channels within 30 days of them being deleted will result in an error because Office 365 keeps them in the recycle bin for 30 days. A workaround is to recover the specific channels from the recycle bin under the Manage Team option in Office 365.
Why does Teams restore take several hours to complete?
When restoring a Team or parts of a Team, Microsoft controls the provisioning of Teams objects. It can take up to 8 hours to provision a folder or other Teams objects. Microsoft is aware of these limitations and has committed to resolving them. Please be aware that restoring a Team or objects within a Team can cause a long restore time and is not within the control of Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup.