This solution applies to Barracuda Spam Firewall models 300 and higher, firmware 4.0 and higher.
Barracuda Spam Firewall firmware version 4.0 introduces Role-based administration on models 300 and higher. In addition to the default Administrator account and the User account role, two new account roles with associated levels of permissions are available:
These features are only available on firmware 4.0 and above and the roles can be added to the specific models as indicated below:
- The Helpdesk
account can be added on Model 300 and above.
The Helpdesk account includes basic user permissions, a limited ability to view and edit user account settings on a domain level, and to view status, message log, and reports.
- The Domain
Admin account can be added on Model 600 and above.
The Domain Admin role has the same abilities as above roles, a limited per-domain configuration of Basic tab settings, Single Sign-on, LDAP and Recipient settings, the ability to specify the destination mail server, and testing the SMTP connection.
To grant these roles to specific users, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Domains > Domain Manager > Manage Domain > Users > Valid Recipients > Explicit Users to Accept For.
- Add a user with the full email address format and click Save Changes.
- Click on Manage System to return back to the main administration of the web interface. Then navigate to Basic > Quarantine and set Per-User Quarantine to Yes. Click Save Changes.
- Return back to the domain where you previously added the user. Go to Users > User Add/Update. Add a user with in full email address format.
- Go to Users > Account View. Click Edit Role next to the newly added user and select the role you would like to grant to the user. Click Save Changes.
Link to this page: