The Barracuda Email Security Service is a comprehensive and affordable cloud-based email security service that protects both inbound and outbound email against the latest spam, viruses, worms, phishing, and denial of service attacks. Whether you manage your own mail server such as Microsoft Exchange or use a hosted service like Microsoft Office 365, Spam and viruses are blocked in the cloud prior to delivery to your network, saving network bandwidth and providing additional Denial of Service protection.
Once configured, view inbound and outbound email statistics on the DASHBOARD page in the web interface.
Where to Start
- Step 1 - How the Service Works
- Step 2 - Initial Service Setup
- Step 3 - Configure Outbound Mail Scanning
- Step 4 - Tune and Monitor the Default Spam and Virus Settings
- Protection against inbound malware, spam, and Denial of Service attacks.
- Anti-Fraud and Anti-Phishing Protection.
- Advanced Threat Detection (ATD) – Subscription-based service that analyzes inbound email attachments in a separate, secured cloud environment to detect new threats and determine whether to block such messages.
- Link Protection – Uses URL rewriting in email messages that contain links to protect from users clicking on suspicious links. Includes Typosquatting protection. See also: Anti-Fraud and Anti-Phishing Protection.
- Email Continuity – End-users can send, receive, compose, and forward emails when designated mail servers are unavailable.
- Service is continuously updated with the latest threat definitions and software update.
- Policy configuration to automatically encrypt, quarantine, or block certain outbound emails based on content, sender, or recipient.
- Outbound filtering to keep sensitive data from leaving your organization while simultaneously ensuring that legitimate emails are delivered. Create and enforce content policies to prevent credit card numbers, social security numbers, HIPAA data, customer lists, and other private information from being sent by email.
- Barracuda Email Security Service User Guide – Easy-to-follow guide for users to manage their accounts