This article describes what to expect when moving from Barracuda Email Security Service to Barracuda Cloud Protection Layer.
The optional Barracuda Cloud Protection Layer (CPL) feature of the Barracuda Email Security Gateway is an additional layer of cloud-based protection that blocks threats before they reach your network, prevents phishing and zero day attacks, and provides email continuity. Once email passes through CPL, the Barracuda Email Security Gateway filters email according to the more granular policies, further recipient verification, quarantining, and other features you configure on the appliance or virtual machine. For more information, see Cloud Protection Layer.
You must contact Barracuda Technical Support for assistance with migrating your Barracuda Email Security Service (ESS) to CPL. This will move all your ESS account settings to CPL account settings and delete any ESS specific settings.
The following must be verified before Barracuda can migrate your ESS to CPL:
- You have a Barracuda Email Security Gateway connected to your Barracuda Cloud Control (BCC) account.
- Barracuda Technical Support must have correspondence email from the BCC Administrator stating the request to migrate.
The following is expected after the migration process from ESS to CPL:
- Outbound services will stop.
- All user mail set as quarantine in ESS will convert to the default settings in CPL.
- Any sender policies, GeoIP policies, or linked domain policies settings set to quarantine in ESS will convert to block in CPL.
After all of the above are verified and agreed upon, Barracuda Technical Support will migrate your ESS to CPL.