The Infrascale BDR service module is a free add-on that you can install in Service Center to offer backup services to your customers, including the following:
- bare metal backup for servers.
- file and folder backup for workstations.
- appliance-based backups for SQL servers, Exchange servers, and Mac OS X machines. To perform this type of backup, you must purchase the appliance through your account representative.
Note: If you are a current Infrascale customer, and you wish to use this service module, you must be moved to the cloud that Infrascale has created for our partners. To be moved to this cloud, please contact Infrascale support.
The Infrascale BDR service module displays detailed information about the status of backups on managed devices, all accessible from within Service Center. Highlights of the service module include:
- configuration and deployment of the Infrascale Online Backup & Recovery Manager (OBRM) to target devices, which performs scheduled file and folder backups on workstations;
- configuration and deployment of bare metal backup on monitored servers;
- alerting and reporting on backup services;
- deep links to the Infrascale portal to recover files and to access the appliance console.
Service modules are available for installation from the Update Center.