The Guest Overview dashboard includes links to change the state of the virtual machine, which is useful when preparing to take a snapshot, or when performing remedial work. For example, you can pause or turn off a guest machine while you change its configuration, and restart the machine for changes to take effect.
- In Service Center, click Status and then click Service Modules.
- Click the Hyper-V link.
- In the Managed Sites table, click a site name.
- Scroll down to the Managed Hosts table.
- Click a host machine name.
- Scroll down to the Guests table.
- Click a guest machine name.
- Under Guest State Management, click one of the following links:
- Turn Off
- Shut Down
- Delete Saved State
Note: The Revert link is only available if the guest has saved snapshots. The Delete Saved State link is only available if the guest is currently in a saved state.