The Guest Overview dashboard includes links to change the state of the virtual machine, which is useful when preparing to take a snapshot, or when performing remedial work. For example, you can suspend or power off a guest machine while you change its configuration, and restart the machine for changes to take effect.
- In Service Center, click Status > Service Modules.
- Click the VMware link.
- In the Multi-Site Summary table, click a site name.
- Scroll down to the Hosts Summary table.
- Click a host machine name.
- Scroll down to the Guest Summary table.
- Click a guest machine name.
- In the Guest State Management area, click one of the following links:
- Power On
- Power Off
- Shut Down
Note: The shut down option is recommended for hardware maintenance only. After you shut down a guest, you cannot power it back on from the VMware ESXi service module.