Setting Up and Enabling ConnectWise Integrations
The following section describes how to enable and make the ConnectWise integration public to VARs so that they can integrate their Virtual Service Center with ConnectWise.
- In the Hosted Console website, click Configuration > Service Desks.
- Click Add, then select ConnectWise Hosted.
- Ensure the Enable check box is selected.
This will ensure the integration is enabled and ready to communicate with ConnectWise.
- In the Service Identification section, only modify the Name and Description boxes if required.
- If desired, click the Advanced Settings button.
Note: We recommend you don’t edit the Advanced Settings. Contact Technical Support if you attempt to change these settings and the configuration fails.
- In the Web Service Configuration section, you can do the following:
- Click Validate. If the WSDL Location is correct, the option ProcessClientAction appears in the WS Method drop-down menu below. If the WSDL Location is incorrect, the following error appears: “An error occurred while attempting to contact the web service”.
- Do not modify the Tokens box.
- For the Response Type, select either XML or String.
- In the Filter box, type the filter used to capture the ticket number from the response.
- In the Ticket Linking section, you can do the following:
- The Enable check box for Ticket Hyperlink is selected by default. Clear the check box if you do not want the ticket hyperlink to appear in the Alert Dashboard.
- For the Base Hyperlink, the second box from the left is automatically populated with www.myconnectwise.com. If www.myconnectwise.com is not the FQDN of your ConnectWise PSA system, enter it in this box. Do not modify the rest of the Base Hyperlink.
- The Ticket Column Name box is used to configure the name of the column that displays ConnectWise-related items when viewing Trouble Tickets in Service Center. Modify this box if required.
- Click Save.