- Barracuda Message Archiver Legacy Release firmware or higher
- Barracuda Message Archiver hostname from your system administrator
- Latest Android Message Archive application available for download from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps?hl=en
- Android device running software version 4.0.3 or greater
- Your email address archived by your organization’s Barracuda Message Archiver
If you do not have all of the requirements, tap Demo Account to view a demo of the app from the initial configuration screen.
The Barracuda Message Archiver mobile application allows you to perform various actions with your messages that are stored on your organization’s Barracuda Message Archiver including:
- Search for archived messages based on email content, or constrain the search to a date range, a specific sender or recipient, or subject line content;
- Search deleted messages and emails no longer visible in your mail application;
- View and interact with (reply to, reply all, forward) archived messages;
- Save a search query;
- Redeliver messages to your mailbox using the Resend to Me option.
These actions are available directly from your Android device, allowing transparent access to, and interaction with, your archived messages.
To search your archived mail from your Android device, you must first enter your organization’s Barracuda Message Archiver settings, as well as your email address and password. If you attempt to search archived messages before configuring the settings, an error displays.
You must enter the following details to configure the Android device:
- Your corporate email address, and associated password, from which messages are archived
- Barracuda Message Archiver hostname, for example:
Download and install the latest Android Message Archive application available from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps?hl=en
Once the application is installed, use the following steps to set up Archived Mail search.
Launch Barracuda Archived Mail; the setup screen displays:
Tap in the User field, and enter your email address from which to access archived messages. For example, enter:email@example.com
- Tap in the Password field, and enter your password for the specified email address.
- Tap in the Host field, and enter your organization’s hostname or IP address. For example, enter: archiver.company.com or 192.168.200.200
Tap in the Port field, and enter the Barracuda Message Archiver HTTPS port number.
Confirm your settings, and tap Login.
Configuration is complete and you can now search your archived emails.
Use the following steps to run a basic search of your archived mail:
- Tap the Search Mail () icon at the top of the view:
- Use the keypad to enter the desired keyword or search string, and then tap the Search () icon on the keypad to run the search.
- The search results display:
- Tap an item to view the archived mail content:
For message actions, refer to the Basic and Advanced Message Results section.
Use the following steps to run an advanced search of your archived mail:
- Tap the Advanced Search () icon at the top of the view; the Advanced Search view displays:
Use the keyboard to enter the desired keyword.
- To search recipient addresses, tap in the To field, and use the keyboard to enter the email address on which to search.
- To search message originator addresses, tap in the From field, and use the keyboard to enter the email address on which to search.
- If you want to add a date range, tap Start Date and tap the date, and tap Done.
- Tap End Date, and tap the date:
- Tap Done.
- If you want to save your search criteria, tap Save Filter, enter a name for the search, and then tap Save.
- Tap Search when you are done adding criteria. All matching search results display.
Basic and Advanced Message Results
All messages matching the specified criteria display in the search results directly below the search criteria. Tap on the desired message, tap the Options icon at the top of the view, and then tap the action you want to take on the message:
- Reply – Sends an email response only to the message originator.
- Reply All – Sends an email response to the message originator and all recipients
- Forward – Send a copy of the archived message to one or more new email addresses, separating each address with a comma. You can select to send as an email or an attachment. If you add as an attachment, enter a message in the Body field that you want to display to the recipient.
- Resend To Me – Resend the selected message to your email address
You can save advanced search criteria to run at a later time. Use the following steps to create a saved search:
- Tap on the Advanced Search () icon at the top of the view; and enter your search criteria.
- Tap Save Filter, and enter a name for the search:
- Tap Save.
To access a saved search, use the following steps:
- Tap the Message Archive () icon at the top of the view, and tap Saved Searches. All Saved Searches display including header information:
- Tap the Options icon for the desired saved search to select the action you want to take:
- Search – Tap to run the search
- Edit – Tap to modify the saved search criteria
- Delete – Tap remove the saved search
Tap the Message Archive () icon to access Settings, including:
- User Info – Configuration details
- Logout – Tap to log out of Message Archive
- Barracuda Message Archiver – Tap to view more information about the Archive Search.
- Enable Demo Account – By default, the Demo Account is enabled allowing you to view the application even if you do not have all of your configuration details. Tap to disable/enable.
Technical Support – Tap to view Barracuda Networks Technical Support contact information.