This page describes how to pull device logs for Android devices.
To pull device logs for iOS devices, refer to How to Pull Device Logs for iOS Devices.
- On a PC or Mac computer, install Android Debug Bridge (adb), available for download from https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html.
- On the Android device, enable Developer Options and turn on adb debugging.
- Navigate to Settings > About Phone or Settings > More > About Phone. On the Phone Status screen, tap the Build Number six times.
- Navigate to Settings > Developer Options or Settings > More > Developer Options and select USB debugging.
- On the PC or Mac computer, open terminal or cmd mode and navigate to the folder where adb is installed. Within that folder, navigate to the platform-tools folder.
- Run the following command to verify that adb is installed and working properly:
If it returns a list of devices, then adb is installed and configured properly.
- Run the following adb command to get logs for the Android device:
The following online help documentation is available for adb:
- https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html (help documentation for adb)
- https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/logcat.html (help documentation for adb command line tool)