All Barracuda NG Filrewalls, all firmware versions.
When enabling certain features such as Application Control and URL Filter in the forwarding firewall, it is crucial to have your forwarding ruleset upgraded to current version. This does not always occur with a firmware update and may need to be done manually. To do so, follow these directions once logged in to NG Admin:
1. Navigate to the Config tab, then Full Config.
2. Navigate to Box>Virtual Servers>?Server Name?(typically S1)>Assigned Services>Firewall-Service>Forwarding Rules
3. Lock the screen
4. Navigate to and expand the ?Settings? menu in the lower-right side of this screen. Click ?Setup??
5. Open the ?Feature Level? drop down and make sure you are using the most current version of the ruleset(equal to your firmware version).
6. You may also enable or disable the Application Ruleset here as well.
7. Click OK.
8. Send Changes and Activate
This can occasionally solve issues where firmware has been updated, but the Application Ruleset is not available in the Forwarding Rules node.
Link To This Page: