This tool allows you to automate the upload of CSV files to Barracuda PhishLine through secure FTP.
For details on importing a CSV file, refer to How to Create an Address Book.
Creating and Setting Up the Account
- Open Barracuda PhishLine and navigate to the System > SFTP Configuration Manager page. If you cannot see this option, contact Barracuda Support.
- Complete the form with the required information:
Public Key ( 4096 bit RSA; OpenSSH format only) – If you are unsure about your public key, request assistance from your IT department. The person who automates the process of CSV creation and upload will need the private key half of the key you generate. You must use OpenSSH format for the public key.
ssh-rsa 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 email@example.com
- Public IP Addresses – The outbound public IP address(es) of your SFTP client. Barracuda PhishLine needs to allow the specific IP(s) for your SFTP client, so it can access PhishLine’s SFTP server and transfer the CSV file.
- Email Block List – (Optional.) If the CSV file you are importing might have some entries that should not be entered into this system, enter those email addresses here, one email address per line.
Note that it is preferable to generate the CSV file without extraneous email addresses, if possible.
- Contact Email – The email address for a technical contact who will be notified if there is a problem with the automated upload process.
- Click Save. Barracuda PhishLine performs the following actions:
- Detects errors in the public key, and reports those errors to you if they exist.
- Creates an SFTP user name.
- Notifies Barracuda PhishLine personnel of a new SFTP Configuration request.
Creating the CSV File
The CSV file with the Address Book information must meet the following requirements:
- Have the .
- Be formatted in plain text
- Include ALL of the following 35 headers in the following order:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Full Name
- Personal Title
- Name Suffix
- Organization Area
- Organization Level
- Organization Tenure
- Mobile Phone
- Language Code
- Time zone
- Street Address
- Zip Code
- Manager Name
- Manager Email Address
- Customer Training URL
Using only Email, First Name, and Last Name fields.
Automating the Upload
When you have the CSV file ready for import:
- Connect to the following, using the Private Key and Username
- Port: 22
- Once connected, upload the CSV file into the upload directory.
If the file upload fails, contact your consultant or Barracuda PhishLine support.
- Your allowed disk quota is based on the number of licenses allocated to your account. If you try to upload a file that is too large for the quota, the upload will fail.
- Note that Barracuda PhishLine does not keep files that have failed to process, so if your upload fails, upload the file again, by your automated process or IT department.
If the properly formatted file was uploaded successfully, Barracuda PhishLine’s automated processing will pick up the uploaded file, usually within 15 minutes, and process it.
If there are any errors, the system will send an email describing the error to the email address you added to the SFTP Configuration Manager form.
Failure example: If the headers are not listed in the order above, or your account has uploaded and processed too many files in one day, you will receive an email.
Automatically uploaded SFTP address books are named with this convention, inlcuding the current date/time: Automated SFTP Import 2019-01-10 10:33:34
If you are unable to understand and correct the error, contact Barracuda PhishLine support.