Permaseat allows an administrator to permanently change the extension number for a physical telephone, which assigns the telephone to a different user.
Using Permaseat requires the following:
- The phone must already be assigned to a user.
- The user performing the permaseat must have administrator permissions.
- The new user extension number must be known.
With the above information in hand, you can perform a Permaseat operation using these steps:
- Dial *321 on the phone.
- Enter the admin user extension number followed by the # key.
- Enter the admin user PIN followed by the # key.
- Enter the new extension number followed by the # key.
- Press 1 to log in or hang up to abort the operation.
The phone reboots. It is now assigned to the new user and has the new user extension number.