Before you begin the installation process, check that you have everything you need.
Checklist for unpacking
Before installing your Barracuda Reporting Server, make sure you have the following equipment:
- Barracuda Reporting Server
- AC power cord
- Ethernet cables
- Mounting rails and screws
- VGA monitor (recommended)
- USB keyboard (recommended)
Position the Barracuda Reporting Server in a stable location, such as fastened to a standard 19-inch rack. Do not block the cooling vents located on the front and rear of the unit.
If you have a desktop Barracuda Reporting Server, you do not need to install it in a rack. If desired, you can use the rack-mount kit (sold separately).
Connect a CAT6 Ethernet cable from your network switch to the LAN port on the back of your Barracuda Reporting Server.
The Barracuda Reporting Server supports 10GBASE-T on the model 600, giving you a maximum of 1x10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Connect the following hardware to your Barracuda Reporting Server:
- Power cord
- VGA monitor
- USB keyboard
- Press the Power button located on the front of the unit. The login prompt for the administrative console displays on the monitor, and the power light on the front of the Barracuda Reporting Server turns on.
After you connect the AC power cord, power on the Barracuda Reporting Server.
Note: The AC input voltage range is 100-240 volts at 50/60 Hz.
Continue with Step 2 - Configure the Barracuda Reporting Server.