This solution applies to Barracuda SSL VPNs, firmware version 1.6 and above.
The Barracuda Network Connector can be both launched from the Barracuda SSL VPN interface or it can be used in a standalone mode without first having to log on to the SSL VPN web page.
The Network Connector client first has to be installed, which it will be anyway even if Network Connector was only used for web launch previously. To install the client software, navigate to Resources > Network Connector and click the Download Windows Client button.
Run the downloaded installer program and accept any defaults. This installs the client software into
c:\Program Files\barracuda\Network Connector
and adds links in the Start menu under Start > All Programs > Barracuda > Network Connector.
Configuring the standalone client:
1. Log on to the SSL VPN UI and navigate to Resources > Network Connector.
2. Switch the view to list mode rather than icon mode if not viewing as a list already.
3. Next to the client configuration that has been set up (assuming the initial config of Network Connector has been completed), click More and then Install Client Configuration file. This may take a while as it determines the correct location on the client machine to download the config to.
Connecting the standalone client:
1. Run the Network Connector client from Start > All Programs > Barracuda > Network Connector > Network Connector GUI.
2. You will see a red network icon in the systray, right click this icon and click Connect.
3. Enter the username and password when prompted and click Connect.
Link to This Page: