All Barracuda Web Filters. All firmware versions.
It is important to verify that the latest version of the DC Agent software is installed. Keeping the DC Agent software up to date is just as important as keeping the Barracuda Web Filter firmware up to date. The newest version of the DC Agent Software can be downloaded from USERS/GROUPS > AUTHENTICATION page of the Barracuda Web Filter.
Perform the following steps to update the DC Agent software running on a device:
- Stop the DC Agent service under Windows services.
- Uninstall the old version of the DC Agent software using either the
Control Panel or the same executable used to install the old version of the DC agent.
- Navigate to the C:\Program Files folder (or the folder where the DC agent was installed) and rename the Barracuda folder to Barracuda.old.
- To Install the new DC agent software (DCAgent.exe), right click and RUN as ADMIN. When going through the steps in the installation wizard, all settings normally should be left at default. The required setting to configure should be A. the Domain information is added for your domain and saved, B. The IP address of the allowed Barracuda Web filter in the Appliance tab/page.
- Ensure that the DC Agent service is started under Windows services.
It is also important to install the DC Agent on any new domain controllers or when updating the operating system on existing domain controllers.Or possibly have at step 4 above to help referencing second solution 2865 for proper install.
If you are unsure if you have the barracuda DC agent installed you can find the Service running in system services as BARRACUDA DCAGENT service
Also in C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\DCAgent Path or possibly C:\Program Files\Barracuda Path