As a cloud-based service, Barracuda Web Security Service provides a convenient option to deploy Barracuda's powerful web security technology for organizations looking to leverage the scalability and flexibility of the cloud. Ideal for safeguarding users on and off the network, the solution unites award-winning spyware, malware, and virus protection with a powerful policy and reporting engine.
Where to Start
Barracuda Web Security Service
Next, see Getting Started.
Spyware and Virus Protection
- Uses a continually updated database to identify and block access to sites known to host spyware and viruses. It also detects installed spyware trying to access the Internet. Upon discovery, it blocks the spyware activity and notifies the administrator. The Barracuda Malware Removal Tool performs a comprehensive scan of computers for any traces of spyware or other malware.
- Supported by Barracuda Central, a 24/7 advanced security operations center that works continuously to monitor and block the latest Internet threats.
Application Control and Content Filtering
- Barracuda Web Security Service analyzes protocols independent of their port or destination servers. By integrating Layer 7 protocol analysis with policy controls, the Barracuda Web Filter enables complete control over application usage.
- Administrators can create policies that control user access to 99.7%of commonly visited websites using 95 content categories including pornography, violence, hacking, sports, news, dating, shopping, chat, and more. Content filtering policies can be customized to restrict specific websites or look for patterns in web addresses.
- In addition to its powerful web filtering and malware protection capabilities, Barracuda Web Security Service allows administrators to generate reports on user and network activity as well as the latest security threats.
Filtering Traffic for Offsite and Mobile Users
- Barracuda Web Security Agent (WSA) is a tamper-proof client that can be installed on remote, off-network laptops or desktops to help implement a consistent web security policy across localized and distributed workforces. The Barracuda WSA supports both Windows and Mac OSX devices. See Remote Filtering for Offsite and Mobile Users.
Barracuda Web Security Gateway Appliance
You may choose to deploy a Barracuda Web Security Gateway hardware appliance with your Barracuda Web Security Service, as described in and Using the Barracuda Web Security Gateway. After following instructions for setting up your Barracuda Web Security Service in Getting Started, you can use the Barracuda Web Security Gateway Quick Start Guide to set up the appliance. For more details about using the appliance, see Using the Barracuda Web Security Gateway.