Applies to the Barracuda Web Security Flex when using the WSA.
The WSA is able to provide content filtering & security services by using the Flex servers as a proxy. This means that the Flex performs the web site request on the client’s behalf. Some domains do not accept or are unable to process proxied requests. This can be due to security reasons, such as HTTP-to-HTTPS redirection, or many other issues as described in RFC 3143. In these situations, use the following procedure to exempt these kinds of requests from being forwarded:
1. Login to the Flex Portal at http://login.barracuda.com
2. Click Web Security on the left-hand menu
3. Under the Remote Filtering tab, click the Web Security Agent sub-tab
4. Under Configuration Profiles, select the appropriate profile (the Default Profile if no other profiles are present)
5. Scroll down to the middle of the profile to find the Bypass Filter field
6. Enter domains to be exempted from Flex fowarding within the Bypass Filter field
a. Separate each entry with a semicolon
b. Use the star (*) character as a wildcard
c. Do not include http://
d. Do not include path or query information (ex. /cgi/calendar.cgi)
7. Click Save Changes
8. Resync the WSA on the client machine
A few entries exist within the Bypass Filter by default, including: 192.168.*;172.16.*;10.*. These are used to prevent the WSA from forwarding internal traffic destined for your LAN.
Link to this page: