Yosemite Server Backup 8.8 to 8.9
A bug with the Yosemite Server Backup has recently been identified where Differential backups are getting marked as Incremental backups on tape. The result of this is that when trying to restore this Differential backup, Yosemite tries to restore it as though it is an Incremental backup and fails the restore with a SQL command writer failure. The bug is fixed in the version release 8.9.01 of Yosemite Server Backup and will make it so that Differential backups moving forward will correctly be marked as Differential. This will resolve the issue for new backups going forward. For the situation with a restore from a Differential backup made prior to this fix, an ini edit has been made available under 8.9.01 that will force Yosemite to restore backups marked as Incremental as though they are Differential.
Here is the process you will want to take to use the ini solution to restore:
- Setup and run the restore of the last Full backup, un-checking Finalize recovery of Microsoft SQl and Exchange Server database.
- Once that restore is complete, stop the YSB service on the SQL server. From a command prompt enter:net stop ytbackup
- Edit the ytconfig.ini file on the SQL server. By default it is located at:C:\Program Files\Barracuda\Yosemite Server Backup\Config\
- Add the following to the bottom of that file:[SQL Server]
- Save and close that file.
- Start the YSB service.
- Setup and run the restore of the Differential backup, checking Finalize recovery of Microsoft SQl and Exchange Server database.
Link to this page: