Whether this is the first time you are installing the Backup Agent for a client or you are adding another computer account to an existing client, this guide will show you how to properly install and set up the Backup Agent software.
- Go to the management portal and navigate to the Downloads tab.
- Select Download Installer from the drop-down and click on the Installer link to begin downloading the installer file.
- Run the installer and follow the prompts to install the Backup Agent. When the installation finishes, check the box to open the Backup Monitor and hit Finish.
- When the Backup Monitor opens, enter the client account username in the Username field and put the computer account password in the Password field. Usually, the computer account password is the same as the client account password but they may differ.
Click the drop-down to select the computer account you want to link the Backup Agent to and hit Validate.
- If this is the first time you are installing the Backup Agent for a client, you will see a prompt to choose an encryption key type.
Managed Key - The encryption key is automatically generated and Intronis keeps a copy of the key. If you choose this option, you don't need to keep track of the encryption key.
Private Key - You determine what the encryption key will be and Intronis does not keep a copy of that key. If you choose this option, you must keep track of the key; if you loose it, you will not be able to restore files or reinstall the software.
- The next page of the setup is the Test Connection page. Click Test to begin the test connection, then Next when the test has completed.
- If this is not the first time installing the Backup Agent as this computer account, you will be asked to choose a setup type. If you are reinstalling to the same machine, pick Recover Previous Installation. If you are reinstalling to a different machine, choose Move Account to This Computer. Choose Recovery Mode Installation if you only intend to restore files.
If you are installing the Backup Agent for the first time, you will not see this page.
- If you were prompted with the selection from step (7), the next part of the setup will be the catalog restoration.
Click Next to begin the catalog restoration process. When finished, hit Next again to finish the setup.
If this is the first time installing the Backup Agent as this computer account, you will not see this page.
- Lastly, you will be given the opportunity to change some basic settings: the temporary folder location and the base revision rule. Click Next to complete the installation.