Notifications are alerts that are sent in real time, via Email, Slack, or Sumo Logic. Specify notifications to be sent for events for specific services.
To set notifications:
- Navigate to Settings > Notifications.
- Click Add Notification to open the Add Notification Subscriber window.
- Specify notification information for one of the following communication methods: Email, Slack, Sumo Logic. Select the corresponding tab at the top of the wizard.
For any channel, specify one or more cloud service accounts and one or more services for which you want to be notified.
Slack, include the Webhook URL, the integration URL for Slack. For example,
https://hooks.slack.com/services/<SLACK_API_TOKEN>. For more information, refer to https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks.
Sumo Logic, include the API URL, the integration URL for Sumo Logic.
- Select Enabled to enable the communication method you want to use.
- Click Add.
After you create a notification subscription, it appears on the Notifications screen. You can edit it or delete it as needed.
Disabling a Notification
You might choose to disable a notification, to stop receiving notifications without deleting the notification itself. This way, you can easily reactivate the notification if you choose.
To disable a notification,
- Locate the notification you want to disable.
- Click Edit.
- Change its status to Disabled.
- Click Save Changes.
To start receiving notifications again, repeat these steps and change the status to Enable.