Before configuring the web interface, complete Step 2 - How to Configure the Barracuda Control Server.
Configure the Barracuda Control Server from the Web Interface
Verify the system accessing the web interface is connected to the same network as the Barracuda Control Server, and that the appropriate routing is in place to allow connection to the IP address of the Barracuda Control Server via a web browser.
To configure administrative settings on the Barracuda Control Server:
- From a web browser, enter http:// followed by the IP address of the Barracuda Control Server, followed by the default Web Interface HTTP Port. For example, type:
- Log in to the Barracuda Control Server using the Barracuda Control Server Administrator Account (admin/admin).
- Go to the BASIC > IP Configuration page, and perform the following steps:
- In the TCP/IP Configuration section, verify the IP address, netmask, default gateway for your Barracuda Control Server.
- Verify the primary and secondary DNS servers for your Barracuda Control Server.
- Enter the default hostname and default domain name of the Barracuda Control Server.
- If you want to configure a proxy server to allow access to the internet, enter the proxy server details in the Proxy Server Configuration section.
- Enter the Default Domain, for example, <mydomain.com>.
- Enter an externally resolvable system name (FQDN) for the Barracuda Control Server in the External System Name field.
Click Save Changes.
After installation, your Energize Updates and other optional subscriptions must be activated to fully enable the Barracuda Control Server and to continue receiving the latest updates to all virus, policy, and document definitions from Barracuda Central. The Energize Updates service is responsible for downloading these updates to your Barracuda Control Server.
To activate your subscription status:
- Log into the Barracuda Control Server using the Barracuda Control Server Administrator Account (admin/admin).
- Go to the BASIC > Dashboard page. Under Subscription Status, verify the Energize Updates Subscription Status is Current.
Click on the designated link to open the Product Activation page in a new browser window.
On the Product Activation page, fill in the required fields and click Activate. A confirmation page opens and displays the terms of your subscription.
If the Energize Updates status is Not Activated, click the activation link to go to the Barracuda Networks Product Activation page and complete your subscriptions activation.
If your Barracuda Control Server cannot communicate directly to Barracuda Central servers, an Activation Code displays; enter this code in the Activation Code field, and click Save to activate your Barracuda Control Server.
Return to the Barracuda Control Server administration interface and navigate to the BASIC > Dashboard page. In the Subscription Status section, verify that the status displays as Current.
There may be a slight delay of a few minutes for the display to reflect your updated subscription status. If the status continues to display as Not Activated, click Refresh in the Subscription Status section.
Update the Barracuda Control Server Firmware
Use the following steps to update the firmware.
- Go to the ADVANCED > Firmware Update page. Verify that the installed version matches the Latest General Release. If the Barracuda Control Server is up-to-date with the latest firmware, Download Now is disabled for Latest General Release.
- If the installed version does not match the Latest General Release: read the release notes to learn about the latest features and fixes provided in the new firmware version, and click Download Now to begin the download. Updating the firmware may take several minutes; do not turn off the unit during this process. Click Refresh next to the firmware download progress to view the download status. A Firmware downloaded message displays once the download is complete.
- Click Apply Now when the download is complete, and click OK when prompted to reboot the Barracuda Control Server.
- A Status page displays the progress of the reboot. Once the reboot is complete, the login page appears.
To apply the newest definitions provided by Energize Updates:
- Go to the ADVANCED > Energize Updates page.
- Select On for Automatic Updates. The recommended setting is On for all available definitions.
- Verify the current version is the same as the latest general release. If the rules are not up-to-date, continue to the next step, otherwise definition update is complete.
- Click Update to download and install the latest available definitions onto the Barracuda Control Server.