If you do not have an external authentication service available, you can create and maintain a list of local users and groups on the Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series. You can refer to these users and groups when creating firewall rules, VPNs, or when configuring the captive portal.
To set up local authentication,
- Go to the USERS > Local Authentication page.
- In the Local Users and Groups table, configure the following settings for each user:
- Username — Log-in name for the user.
- Password — The user's password.
Group — Name of the user group this user belongs to.
- Click Add.
- Click Save to confirm your settings.
The user entry is now listed in the Local Users and Groups table.