To recover the Barracuda NextGen X-Series Firewall, you can use the Recovery Console with one of the following recovery options:
- Barracuda Repair – Retains your settings and data during system recovery.
- Full Barracuda Repair– Resets the X-Series Firewall to factory default settings. With this option, all your settings and data will be lost. If you are unsure of which recovery option to use, first run the Barracuda Repair. If problems persist, run a Full Barracuda Repair.
Before You Begin
Before you recover the X-Series Firewall, ensure that you have physical access to the system. You must also have the following equipment:
- Monitor with a VGA cable
- USB keyboard
Recover the X-Series Firewall
To recover the X-Series Firewall:
- Ensure that the X-Series Firewall is turned off and the ports in the back of the appliance are accessible.
- Connect the monitor to the VGA port.
- Connect the keyboard to one of the USB ports.
- Turn on the X-Series Firewall by plugging the power cord in.
- When the bootloader menu displays, use your keyboard to select Recovery. After two to three minutes, the system boots into the Recovery Console menu:
BARRACUDA NETWORKS RECOVERY CONSOLE
Please make a selection
(1) Barracuda Repair (no data loss)
(2) Full Barracuda Recovery (all data lost)
(3) Enable remote administration (reverse tunnel)
- Select a recovery option:
- If you want to retain all of your data and settings during the repair, enter 1 to select the Barracuda Repair (no data loss) option.
- If you want to restore the X-Series Firewall with the default factory settings, enter 2 to select the Full Barracuda Recovery (all data lost) option. With this option, you will lose all of your current data and settings. When you are prompted by the on-screen instructions, confirm that you want to continue with the recovery.
- After you receive the message stating that the recovery process is complete, enter 5 to exit the Recovery Console. The X-Series Firewall then reboots.
If problems persist after the reboot, please contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for further assistance.