Create schedules to configure time restrictions on an hourly, weekly, or calendar-date basis that can be applied to access rules and application policies. Rules and policies that include a schedule are only active for the date and/or timespan defined in the schedule. Schedules use the time of the Barracuda NextGen X-Series Firewall they are running on.
Create a Schedule
- Go to FIREWALL > Schedules.
Click Add Schedule to create a new schedule. The Add Schedule window opens.
- Enter a Name for the schedule.
Select Terminate Existing Sessions if open connections should be closed as soon as the time restriction applies.
To activate the schedule for specific day and time intervals:
Select the Recurring check box.
Select the days and enter the daytimes for the schedule to be active.
Click the plus sign (+) to add the time interval.
To activate the schedule only in a specific date range:
Select the One-Time check box.
Specify the date range using the From and To fields.
The schedule is now displayed in the SCHEDULES list and can be used when creating access rules and application policies.
Edit / Delete a Schedule
To edit a schedule, click the edit symbol next to the entry. In the Edit Schedule window, edit the settings for the object, and click Save. To delete a schedule, click the trash can icon next to the entry and c lick OK.
Apply the Schedule to an Access Rule or Application Policy
To apply the schedule to an access rule:
- Go to FIREWALL > Firewall Rules.
- Create a new access rule or edit the rule you want to apply the schedule to.
- In the Add / Edit Access Rule window, click the Advanced tab.
- Select the schedule from the Apply only during this time dropdown list.
- Finish editing the rule and click Save.
To apply the schedule to an application policy:
- Go to FIREWALL > Application Policy.
- Create a new policy or edit the rule you want to apply the schedule to.
- In the Add / Edit Policy Rule window, click the Advanced tab.
- Select the schedule from the Time dropdown list.
- Finish editing the application policy and click Save.