Configure Wi-Fi Access Point authentication for the Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series to be able to use the authentication information contained in the syslog stream of supported Wi-Fi access points.
Supported Wi-Fi Access Points
- Aerohive (login and logout)
- Ruckus (login and logout)
- Aruba (login only)
Before You Begin
To authenticate connecting users, you must enable syslog streaming on the access point. For more information, see:
- Wi-Fi AP Authentication Aerohive Configuration
- Wi-Fi AP Authentication Ruckus Wireless Configuration
- Wi-Fi AP Authentication Aruba Configuration
Configure Wi-Fi Access Point Authentication
- Go to the USERS > External Authentication page.
- Click the Wi-Fi tab.
- Select Enable Wi-Fi Access Point Authentication to enable integration with Wi-Fi.
- In the Auto Logout After file, enter the timeout in hours. Enter
0to disable the timeout.
- Click Add to add a Wi-Fi endpoint. The Add External Authentication Wi-Fi AP Endpoint window opens.
- In the IP/Subnet field, enter the IP address or network for your Wi-Fi access point. E.g., 10.0.33.1 or 10.0.33.0/24
- Select the Protocol used by the Wi-Fi access point to send the syslog.
- (SSL only) Enter the Subject Alternative Name of the SSL certificate.
- (SSL only) Select the SSL certificate from the dropdown. You can upload or create certificates using the Certificate Manager. For more information, see How to Use and Manage Certificates with the Certificate Manager.
- Select the manufacturer of your Wi-Fi access point from the AP Model dropdown.
- Click Save.
- Depending on the protocols used by the Wi-Fi AP endpoints, enter the UDP, TCP, or SSL Listen Ports.
- Click Save.
Wi-Fi Access Point authentication is now configured and can be used for wireless connections.