To authenticate users connected to Aerohive access points, you must stream the syslog containing the authentication data to the Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series.
- Aerohive AP230 802.11ac Wireless AP Version 6.4r1a
- Aerohive Networks HiveManager Online 6.4r1
Enable Syslog Streaming on the Aerohive AP
- Log into the Aerohive Networks HiveManager.
- Go to Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Management Services > Syslog Assignments.
- Click New and configure syslog streaming:
- Syslog Server – Select the IP address of the X-Series Firewall from the dropdown.
- Severity – Select Info from the dropdown.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
Add Syslog Configuration to Network Policy
Add the syslog configuration to the Network Policy you are using for your access points.
You can now configure Wi-Fi Access Point authentication on the X-Series Firewall. For more information, see How to Configure Wi-Fi Access Point Authentication.