To give your end users direct access to their corporate email resources, configure an Outlook Web Access / Outlook Web App (OWA) resource. The SSL VPN offers preconfigured web forward templates for Outlook Web Access 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013. By default, the session username and password is used to authenticate on the Outlook Web Access portal. If the user must use a different password or user to sign in, create user attributes to replace the session attributes.
Before you begin
Enable and configure SSL VPN on the firewall. For more information, see How to Enable SSL VPN and CudaLaunch.
Configure an Outlook Web Access web forward (OWA)
Go to the VPN > SSL VPN page and click the Resources tab.
In the Web Forwards section, click Add Web Forward.
- In the Add Web Forward window, set Enable to Yes.
- (optional) Click Browse to upload a PNG file for the web portal, less than 30 kB and not larger than 80x80 pixels.
- Select the OWA template matching your Exchange server from the Web Forward Template drop-down list. A pop-up window appears, asking for the server name.
- Enter the FQDN, hostname, or IP address for your Microsoft Exchange server, and click OK.
- (OWA 2003 only) Enter the Single Sign-On (SSO) domain for your Exchange server, and click OK.
- In the Name field, enter the visible name for the web forward. This is the name displayed for the user in the web portals and CudaLaunch.
- (optional) In the Allowed Hosts list, add all servers that must be proxied by the SSL VPN when accessing this web forward. Enter Name, Root URL, and Launch Path in the Allowed Hosts section, and click +.
- (optional) To restrict access to the web forward by user group, remove the * entry in the Allowed User Groups list. Enter the user groups that can access the web forward, and click + after each entry. If no groups are added, the web forward cannot be accessed. Use question marks (?) and asterisks (*) as wildcard characters.
- (optional) In the Single Sign On section, change the session attribute for user attributes to enable SSO if your OWA username and password differ from the session username and password. For more information on how to create user attributes, see How to Use and Create Attributes.
- Click Save.