The Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series SSL VPN offers preconfigured templates for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and 2013. The template automatically fills in all necessary web forward parameters and configures Single Sign-On using the session username and password. If the user must use a different password or user to sign in, create user attributes to replace the session attributes.
Before you begin
Enable and configure SSL VPN on the firewall. For more information, see How to Enable SSL VPN and CudaLaunch.
Configure a SharePoint web forward
- Go to the VPN > SSL VPN page and click the Resources tab.
- In the Web Forwards section, click Add Web Forward.
- In the Add Web Forward window, set Enable to Yes.
- (optional) Click Browse to upload a PNG file for the web portal, less than 30 kB and not bigger than 80x80 pixels.
- Select the Sharepoint template matching your SharePoint server from the Web Forward Template drop-down list. A pop-up window appears, asking for the server name.
- Enter the hostname or FQDN of your SharePoint server and click OK.
- Enter the Single Sign-On (SSO) domain for your SharePoint server and click OK.
In the Name field, enter the visible name for the web forward. This is the name used in the SSL VPN portal for this web forward.
(optional) In the Allowed Hosts list, add all servers that must be proxied by the SSL VPN when accessing this web forward. Enter Name, Root URL, and Launch Path in the Allowed Hosts section, and click +.
- (optional) To restrict access to the web forward by user group, remove the * entry in the Allowed User Groups list. Enter the user groups that can access the web forward, and click + after each entry. If no groups are added, the web forward cannot be accessed. Use question marks (?) and asterisks (*) as wildcard characters.
- (optional) In the Single Sign On section, change the session attribute for user attributes to enable SSO if your SharePoint username and password differ from the session username and password. For more information on how to create user attributes, see How to Use and Create Attributes
- Click Save.