When accessing an application resource via CudaLaunch, an SSL tunnel is created that connects your client with the SSL VPN. Then, the native RDP client automatically launches and connects. The native RDP app creates an SSL tunnel from a random port on 127.0.0.1 to the port 3389 on the destination Windows server or PC behind the firewall. The native RDP client is automatically launched and supplied with the connection information. It is not possible to configure single sign-on for native RDP apps. To use application resources you must have a Remote Access Premium subscription.
Before you begin
Enable the SSL VPN service and CudaLaunch. For more information, see How to Enable SSL VPN and CudaLaunch.
Create an application resource
Create an application resource to give your end users direct access to an internal application. Application tunneling allows tunneling of application data to the user’s localhost IP address.
Go to the VPN > SSL VPN page and click the Resources tab.
In the Applications section, click Add Application.
- In the Add Application window, set Enable to Yes.
- (optional) Click Browse to upload a PNG file for the web portal, less than 30 kB and not larger than 80x80 pixels.
Enter the visible Name. This is the name used in the web portal for this application.
- In the Target Server field, enter the IP address of the server hosting the application.
- From the Application drop-down list, select the protocol that the target server is providing.
(optional) To override the application’s standard port, enable Port Override and specify the Port to be used instead of the application’s standard port.
To enable tunneling of application data to the user’s localhost IP address 127.0.0.1:7000, enter the Client Loopback TCP Port number for the application tunnel. To use a random port, enter
- (optional) To restrict access to the application by user group, remove the * entry in the Allowed User Groups list. Enter the user groups that can access the application, and click + after each entry. If no groups are added, the application will not be accessible by any users. You can use question marks (?) and asterisks (*) as wildcard characters.
- Click Save.
Launching an RDP application
- Start CudaLaunch.
- In the Apps tab, click on the configured app.
The native RDP client starts automatically and connects to the remote Windows server.