The Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series is an application-aware network firewall appliance that is designed for organizations without dedicated IT personnel to manage firewalls. It leverages cloud resources to extend next-generation security and networking beyond the capabilities of typical security gateways or legacy firewalls. The Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series delivers application control, user awareness, secure VPNs, link optimization, dynamic traffic prioritization, and advanced malware protection. It combines application-control and network-security features with cloud technologies to provide up-to-date and dynamically scalable malware protection and content filtering. With the Barracuda Cloud Control centralized management portal, you can use a web browser or app to deploy, configure, and manage the Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series from any location.
Where to start
For detailed instructions, start here:
You can also download the Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series Quick Start Guide:
- Firewall – Provides powerful next generation capabilities. Application Control and user-identity awareness enable the enforcement of granular access policies. You can define policies based on any combination of criteria, such as application, user, group ID, and time.
- Barracuda Web Security Service – Leverages cloud resources by offloading processor-intensive content filtering and malware protection to the cloud.
- VPN – Enables secure remote access for users and provides business continuity by securing Site-to-Site connectivity.
- Barracuda Cloud Control – Lets you manage and configure multiple Barracuda NextGen X-Series Firewalls from a single management portal.
- WAN Interfaces – Eliminate the need for costly high-capacity backup links by aggregating disparate links such as MPLS, T1, DSL, cable, and 3G.
- Bandwidth Policies (QoS) – Balance and shape traffic among links, according to policies based on applications, traffic loads, and link status.