- NG Firewall firmware versions 4.2.x,5.0.x, 5.2.x
- netfence firmware versions 4.2.x
This article describes how to create box configuration archive (PAR) files at the command line interface and how to schedule PAR file creation.
Barracuda NG Friewall archive (PAR) files can be created with the tool "phionar", which is available on every Barracuda NG Firewall system. "phionar" can be used to back up configurations of single boxes and box configurations on a Control Centre (CC). A cron job can be used to create a daily backup of the configuration files.
To create archives of box configurations in a phion.a GUI importable format, proceed as follows at the command line interface:
1. On a single box (creates box.par)
/opt/phion/bin/phionar cdl /tmp/box.par *
2. On the Management Centre (creates archive.par)
/opt/phion/bin/phionar cdl /tmp/archive.par *
3. For scheduled archive operation, create a cron job which involves the commands given above.
For further information on all available options related to the command phionar, please refer to the Command Line Interface guidance.