- NG Firewall firmware versions 4.2.x,5.0.x, 5.2.x
- netfence firmware versions 4.2.x
New VLANs have been configured in the VLAN tab. Can they be activated permanently in the box network configuration without disrupting active network connections?
VLANs can be added to the box network configuration permanently by activating them through either the Failsafe or the Force button in "Control" > "Box" > "Activate New".
These activation methods disrupt active network connections temporarily, though. Connection disruption should be avoided.
To add VLANs and corresponding device routes permanently without using the failsafe or force activation method, proceed as follows:
1. Create the VLAN configuration and corresponding device routes. Confirm your changes by clicking the "Send Changes" and "Activate" buttons.
2. Change to the command line interface and execute the following commands for each configured VLAN on device eth<n> with corresponding <VLAN-ID>:
/etc/phion/bin/vconfig add eth<n> <VLAN-ID>
ip link set eth<n>.<VLAN-ID> up
3. Activate the box network configuration by clicking the Soft activate button in Control" > "Box" > "Activate New".