- NG Firewall firmware versions 4.2.x,5.0.x, 5.2.x
- netfence firmware versions 4.2.x
The Events monitoring GUI cannot be accessed with the graphical administration tool NG Admin.
The event database might be corrupt
1. Browse to the "Control" > "Server" tab and in the "Service Status" section block the "event" service
2. Delete the event database on command-line
rm -f /phion0/event/event*
3. Delete the event buffer database on command-line
rm -f /opt/phion/preserver/eventd-buffer.db*
4. Start the "event" service again via GUI.
Events that could not be reported due to a corrupt event database will nevertheless have been logged and can be viewed in the Logs GUI