- NG Firewall firmware versions 4.2.x, 5.0.x, 5.2.x
- netfence firmware versions 4.2.x
How can an additional legacy phion firewall license (ADD-FW) be activated?
An additional legacy phion firewall license extends the number of protected IPs by a specific value [n]. To import the added license information, the box firewall has to be restarted after license installation.
Proceed as follows to install and activate an "ADD-FW license":
1. Browse to "Config" > "Box" > "Box Licenses" and import the license.
2. In the "Server Status" section of the "Server" tab of the box Control GUI, restart the box firewall service (boxfw).
3. Examine the "Log" > "Box" > "Firewall.log" file to verify that the additional IP protection value has been loaded successfully. Successful loading will be identifiable by a log entry similar to the following:
[Request] Configuration: Protected IP limit = 50
Restarting the box firewall service does not affect the forwarding firewall service!