- NG Firewall firmware versions 4.2.x, 5.0.x, 5.2.x
- netfence firmware versions 4.2.x
How can an additional compression license (NF-BOB) be activated?
An additional compression license enables firewall and VPN compression. To import the added license information and to activate compression operability, box firewall and VPN server have to be restarted after license installation.
Proceed as follows to install and activate a "NF-BOB" license:
1. Open "Config" > "Box" > "Box Licenses" and import the license.
2. Open "Config" > "Infrastructure Services" > "General Firewall Configuration" > "Operational" and set option "Enable FW Compression" to "yes" .
3. In "Control" > "Server" > "SERVICE STATUS" tab, restart the box firewall service (boxfw) and the VPN server service (vpnserver).
4. Examine the "Log" > "Box" > "firewall log" to verify that compression operability has been loaded. Successful loading will be identifiable by log entries similar to the following:
[Request] Configuration: Compression Enabled = yes
[Request] Operation: ACPF Compression policy set according to configuration (enabled)
- Restarting the box firewall service does not affect the forwarding firewall service!
- Option "Enable FW Compression" MUST be set to "yes" on all systems participating in compressed traffic.
- In order to enable VPN compression, the VPN service must be restarted.